From concept to design let Dan Huffman & Associates help you design your dream home. Our expertise in custom home design and construction is the leader in Northwest North Carolina. We have an architect on staff to help with design and changes. We also have an interior designer to help with all design colors and layouts.
Before You Build Your Dream Home
Here is a quick reference list of what needs to be accomplished before you “break ground.”
- Locate your land-be sure the property will perk for septic!
- Have water meter installed, or well dug.
- Finalize your house design and blueprints.
- Collect your product information and literature.
(i.e.: appliances, fixtures, custom features, etc.)
- Interview your prospective builder and talk to past clients.
- Select your builder. Be sure to verify Contractor’s License and Statute of Limitations.
- Finalize contract with Dan Huffman and Associates General Contractor.
- Review blueprint package with Dan Huffman and Associates. Make any needed changes, finalize product and material specifications.
- Ensure the construction documents include all necessary information, specs, stamps, etc. required by the local building department.
- Establish and agree upon a date of completion.
- Shop for financing and finalize financing package.
- Make sure your insurance company provides adequate builder’s risk coverage for fire and weather related damages during the construction process.
- Retrieve all necessary building permits.
(Builders who work as general contractors usually take responsibility for this.)
- Invite friends to a ground breaking party and prepare yourself for months of challenge, excitement, impatience and most of all, great and fulfilled expectations!